Why Hire a Certified Speaking Professional?
Printer-friendly version (pdf)
What is CSP?
A Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation is conferred by the National Speaker's Association to indicate that a speaker meets the speaking profession's international measure of professional skill.
Why Should You Hire a CSP?
It will make your job easier! Choosing a CSP speaker will ensure your speaker is experienced and will provide a focused message, elevating and enhancing the mission of your meeting, knowing that his/her messages will stick firmly in the memories, attitudes and action plans of attendees.
How Many CSPs Are There?
Fewer than 10% of the speakers who belong to the worldwide International Federation for Professional Speakers hold this professional designation.
What Benefit Does a CSP Bring to Your Meeting?
A CSP brings a proven track record of continuing speaking experience and expertise. Certified Speaking Professionals are committed to ongoing education, outstanding service and ethical behavior. CSPs offer wide varieties of approaches, topics and styles.
What Are the Criteria for every CSP?
- Maintain membership and subscribe to the Code of Professional Ethics.
- Serve a minimum of 100 different clients within 5 years.
- Present a minimum of 250 professional speaking engagements within this same 5 years.
- Submit testimonial letters from clients served.
- Submit professionally prepared promotional materials.
- Receive excellent ratings from past clients on professional performance evaluations.
- Continue education in the professional speaking field.
The National Speakers Association
NSA, a member association of the International Federation for Professional Speakers, is dedicated to advancing the art and value of experts who speak professionally. The International Federation for Professional Speakers provides nearly 5,000 members with the resources and education designed to enhance the talent, ethics and business acumen of professional speakers. The CSP Certification is an indication that you are booking a committed professional who has a history of success with many audiences.